Monday, January 5, 2015

Another batch

Last night when I was firing the kiln, I heard a thump! crash! and then Doc started barking. I knew a shelf had given out or a piece had exploded. I had about twelve hours to obsess and worry about the possible dire outcomes and that was really good for my health. This morning, I went to the garage to pull out these fragile little hot potatoes and THEY WERE FINE. What a wonderful discovery (but what was the thump crash? Guess I better start developing home alone style defense plans in case there's some guy living in our garage and knocking stuff around).


 Anyway, the stuff came out great! Some of it is weird, which is par for the course. Don't worry, I'll be doing pottery superlatives soon. I had to get these pictures together today, though, because these little soup vessels are headed off to Dillon, Colorado where my bff since 1st grade (1st grade!) will be receiving them. I hope she likes em!


The blue glaze is from my mother-in-law, which she gave me as a Christmas gift. I really, really like it, especially the way it looks splattered on the inside.


Please excuse me while I squeeze and kiss each of them and swaddle them in bubble wrap before saying goodbye. Carina, check your mail (in like five days)!

Love,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment